In simple terms, personal injury refers to the injury of body and/or mind (emotions). This is a term used in the legal area to explain a lawsuit in which an individual is bringing a lawsuit against another who has caused harm to their body or mind. Lawsuits filed against person(s) who caused harm due to negligence and reckless behaviour on the basis of strict liability.
For anyone looking for solicitors, personal injury expertise is a key factor when they are intending to seek a compensation claim. Mostly, this is meant to cater for medical bills, make up for pain and suffering and the diminished quality of life of the injured person. If you are not sure what actually is classed as personal injury, there is a brief explanation of common types of personal injury below. There other times when you may need solicitors personal injury expertise to understand.
1. Road Traffic Accidents: These are caused by reckless driving and negligence of other drivers. You may bring a suit against such parties so that you may be compensated.
2. Work Accidents: These are caused by negligent employees who fail to provide safety gear or clothing. It is required by the law that every employer should provide safe working conditions for their employees or workers. There is a lot of accidents that may cause injuries to workers and employees in the workplace. Things may fall on people and workers my trip, causing breakages of bones and injuries. The ears or eyes of workers may be damaged if no protective gear is provided by employers.
3. Medical and Dental Negligence: This is a type of personal injury that encompasses a lot of issues and injuries, including:
– Misdiagnosis – Surgical errors
– Delayed treatments – Wrong prescription and dispensation of medication
These are some of the few issues under medical negligence that is also regarded as personal injury. Any practice a clinical professional that leads to worsening of health conditions may also be considered as a type of personal injury.
4. Industrial Diseases: This is related to the accidents at workplace since it also requires the provision of protective clothing or gear as well as safe working conditions. Some of the industrial diseases that make one seek compensation for personal injury claims include:
– Asthma – Asbestosis and Peritoneal Mesothelioma
– Chronic Bronchitis – Contact Dermatitis
– Occupational deafness – Occupational stress
All these and more require solicitors personal injury skills as they make part of what is regarded as personal injury. There are also other cases that fall under personal injury. These include assault claims, made by individuals assaulted by others, as well as product defect accidents (product liability) which is the injury caused by faulty products. You can make a claim against a manufacturer for a product that caused personal injury. You can always rely on the expert solicitor’s personal knowledge to understand about personal injury.